Friday, May 18, 2007

Hotter Than A . . . Man Shed?

As I was listening to the Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer in the City" this morning, I suddenly realized that the words to a certain section of the song might actually be "hotter than a match head" and not "hotter than a man shed," as I had assumed they were for years and years. You know how sometimes you just get a certain set of lyrics in your mind and you never think too hard about it, even thought somewhere along the line you know those can't possibly be the real words? I guess I always just figured "man shed" was Southern slang for "a really hot day" or something like that. I mean, hey, a man shed is probably pretty freakin' hot when you think about it. It's like how I used to think "I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag" in "Jumpin' Jack Flash" was actually "I was raised by two phlegms split in half." In the end, what's the difference, really?

No comments: