Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yoggoth's 10 Favorite Albums

The Velvet Underground & Nico (The Velvet Underground)
Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (Pavement)
Exile on Mainstreet (Rolling Stones)
London Calling (The Clash)
Vs. (Mission of Burma)
Here Come the Warm Jets (Brian Eno)
Double Nickels on the Dime (The Minutemen)
Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan)
'77 (The Talking Heads)
Loveless (My Bloody Valentine) Rain Dogs (Tom Waits)

Okay, I couldn't resist.

Edit: Fixed the Pavement album and put Rain Dogs up there. It was late.

4 comments:

Little Earl said...

No Beatles albums make the cut, eh? I know I can be a bit overzealous in my fandom, but perhaps I've done some lasting damage? I remember a period there when you were pretty big on Abbey Road.

yoggoth said...

Hmm, well I thought about putting a Beatles album on there. But I haven't actually listened to a Beatles album in over a year so I thought it might be dishonest. I now realize that in my late night haste I put down Slanted & Enchanted instead of Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. I'm going to edit it. I assure you this is not an attempt at revisionism, I meant to do it this way in the first place.

Little Earl said...

Suuure it was late...

That's what the Jews said after they killed Jesus. "Hey, it was late! Anyone can make a mistake, guys."

Yes, I think the key to all these lists (and the success of the blog) is that we both have to be totally honest with our taste. Otherwise it's just not as credible.

Unknown said...

German singerhallo, erhalten diese Angebote

Deutsch Angebot

Deutsch Angebot