Saturday, January 3, 2009

One of One Beautifully Packaged Fiction Periodical Agrees - Steam > Cyber

From "Mom, Dad, I'm Into Steampunk" by Marco Kaye:

"You'll appreciate this, Dad. Would I ever lose this cell phone? It's got a back plate of soldered brass. I created the aged patina with simple ammonia and salt. I'll replenish that soon, if you'll quit bugging me about it. Check this out. These interlocking gears are what I use to dial. They also explain why I haven't been replying to your texts recently.

...

Don't look so crestfallen, Mom and Dad. At least I'm not into cyberpunk."

Who's on your side Zrbo, the Paris Review? HA!

1 comment:

Herr Zrbo said...

Hey, this whole cyber vs. steam thing is in your head. The only thing I said was that the Russian scientist's map look like it came from the old cyberpunk genre. I said nothing disparaging concerning steampunk! And I don't even know what the Paris review is, is that something run by Ms. Hilton?