Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stuck Inside of Visalia with the Bakersfield Blues Again...

So I'm grounded by mechanical trouble for this wonderful New Year's Eve. I've been out eating Brazilian food and now am enjoying the New Year as any good recluse would, with the solace and silence of my thoughts and a copy of Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

This year we've gone from Miley Cyrus to Metal Gear, monkey prostitutes to extreme beer, and everywhere in between. I'd like to thank our contributing bloggers, Herr Zrbo and Ninquelote. Zrbo has contributed greatly with his prodigious video game criticism and Ninquelote is conservative.

A Cosmically American New Year to all, and to all a goodnight.

4 comments:

Little Earl said...

I just sat in the kitchen and watched South Park on Comedy Central.

Keep up the good work, fellow Cosmic Americans! The true challenges still await us.

Herr Zrbo said...

At the end of the Sisters of Mercy song 'Dominion/Mother Russia' he sings "Stuck inside of Memphis with a mobile home."

And then while I was looking up the video for said song right now I discovered that this song is on one of the radio stations in Grand Theft Auto 4, who knew! Thank you internet.

Little Earl said...

You are aware, I assume, of the 1966 Bob Dylan song "Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again"?

Herr Zrbo said...

I am, though I only figured that out a year or so ago. Here's the video, is it just me or is that Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics? Too bad the video's only for Dominion and doesn't include the Mother Russia lyrics at the end.