Friday, September 28, 2007

No More Polls

Sorry for all the polls. I think the first one turned out well but the second one was probably overkill. Yoggoth explained that the polls gave the impression that I was not very confident about what I was writing. "People don't want to hear from the blogger that he doesn't care about the topics he writes, and that he just wants his readers to pick them from a big hat." He suggested that it doesn't matter the specifics of what I write about; as long as I find something interesting, and write about it in an interesting way, then the interest should naturally transfer over. I think he's right.

What can I say, it's a work in progress.

2 comments:

yoggoth said...

Of course, the only thing less confident than a poll is a post apologizing for a poll.

=)

Jason said...

I like the cliche about public speaking: "Always talk about something that interests you, that way at least one person will be interested in what you're saying."