Here are some interesting academic papers:
- The nature of navel fluff.
- An analysis of the forces required to drag sheep over various surfaces.
- Accidental condom inhalation.
- Pigeons can discriminate "good" and "bad" paintings by children (how would you like to be the kid whose painting wasn't even good enough for the pidgeons?)
- Optimizing the sensory characteristics and acceptance of canned cat food: use of a human taste panel.
- Effect of different types of textile fabric on spermatogenesis: an experimental study. (you need a bit more information for this one: "Twenty-four dogs were divided into two equal groups, one of which wore cotton underpants and the other polyester ones. Seven dogs wearing nothing were used as controls." Sounds like fun.)
See more at ncbirofl.com.